Search

Thursday, November 21, 2013

How to control line spacing in blogger

This is a very short post, I have been using a very interesting plugin for inserting code, and the a variety of languages are impressing. This is Pygments for Windows Live Writer.
To my surprise I discovered the rather annoying (Enter –> double line spacing conversion) which is really an annoying convention adopted by blogger and for the new editor (what they call new look) the old setting –> Formatting –> No line breaks is absent.
What I found that could solve this problem. Go to posts from the browser and pick any old post and choose options on the right hand side and choose the radio button Enter to line Breaks. That should eliminate all the extra spaces in the inserted code.
As to whether it will be systematically applied to all the future posts I am not sure of it. But I kind of hope that it will persist, because it is really cumbersome to edit every post in the browser after posting it from the Windows Live Writer.

As a way to test if it will have double spacing or not? I have tried it and it does not work. Every time I will insert a code I have to edit it from the Browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcomed